Thursday, December 9, 2010

Off to Laos!

We're off to Laos for a week or so, to organise my Education visa and to have a look at rural Thailand and Vientiane. I expect updates will be few, but before we go, I'd like to leave you with this.


What can I say...small things amuse small minds. IT WAS MUCH LOUDER THAN THIS.

My quiet Sunday morning was interrupted by Mount Vesuvius, out on the balcony... I have no idea, but it's not mine. Obviously someone a few storeys down below, in the laundry, was a trifle heavy handed with the soap powder...I've been meaning to clean out there anyway. The joys of high rise living are new to me and an endless source of amusement and wonder.

Cheers!
Snap's other blog Chiang Mai Thai

4 comments:

lanivcox said... Best Blogger Tips

:D

Safe travels dear! We will miss you in CM!!!

Snap said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks Lani.. we're happily back safe and sound :)

Theodora said... Best Blogger Tips

Can't wait to hear about Laos! Did you eat steak there? Seriously, the best steaks in Asia...

Are either of you guys on Twitter?

Snap said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi T, we actually spent more time getting to and from Laos, than we did in Vientiane. We tried to order a beef dish one night, but ended up with chicken. Although the Vietamese Pho Bo had generous portions and the burger at the hotel was great. I was thankful for some red meat.

We're not as adventurous as you and didn't do much exploring while there...rather we recouped from our three day bike ride.

I'm on Twitter, but don't Tweet...or don't know how it all really works. I'll have a look and let you know my details soon.